How to recognize and safely use the charging function of electric scooters?
First of all, as a user of lithium battery products, we need to understand some safety knowledge of product use:
1. When choosing and purchasing lithium battery products, such as electric scooters, electric bicycles, balance bikes and other new wheeled products containing lithium batteries, remember not to be cheap and choose safe and secure brands.
2. Check whether the product itself or the charger has safety certification. Generally, regular brand products, the product itself and accessories (chargers) will have corresponding safety certification standards, such as 3C, UL, etc. Regular products will have protection systems on battery packs and chargers, including overcharge, overdischarge, short-circuit protection, etc. If the product or charger has a rough appearance, simple labels, or even the manufacturer's name cannot be seen, try not to use such products. use.
3. Before buying, it is best to learn about relevant brands through formal channels.
Secondly, to understand the safe use of some rechargeable batteries, you can minimize the risk.
1. It is best to read the product manual before use. Generally, regular brands will have complete safety precautions on the manual. These precautions are not groundless, but obtained through multiple safety tests.
2. Safe charging. Most of the fire accidents of lithium battery products occur during charging. Try not to charge indoors, avoid charging overnight, and it is best to have someone nearby when charging.
3. Keep away from water sources, avoid using or charging in a humid environment, and electronic products should be kept away from water sources as much as possible.
4. Be sure to use the original charger to charge. Users who have purchased electric scooters, balance cars and other products know that most of the charging ports of lithium electric scooters are similar. Many users mistakenly believe that the same charging ports are compatible. In fact, the voltage and current of different products are different. An incorrect charger is prone to accidents.
5. If there is an unfortunate fire in the room, disconnect the charging power supply as soon as possible and move the product to the outside, and put out the fire with water-based fire extinguishing agent or sand.
6. Research in the United States has found that lithium battery fires are essentially caused by thermal runaway, and cooling is a key point in fire fighting methods. Aiming at the fire of lithium batteries in portable equipment, the results of screening experiments show that water-based fire extinguishing agents have the best cooling effect, while gas and dry powder fire extinguishing agents are not effective.
7. If the lithium battery product is not used for a long time, it is best to charge it once every 3 months to maintain the activity of lithium ions in the battery. Not charging for more than 1 year may cause damage to the battery.